Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Um yeah about that

Note: This is my opinion. :)

Recently I came across something I find very very strange. Someone I know is dating a girl whom he's never actually met in person, they've only seen each other via skype and stuff. I find that strange. Very strange in fact.

Here's why:
Okay I understand Skype is like seeing that person, but physical interaction is key in any type of relationship. Also, I understand you have to get to know someone, but being in a relationship already and making it FBO (facebook official)...kind of weird. just saying.

Is this how our society is going to work? Meet people online and then in a week decide "Hey I love you, let's get married?" What is our world coming to? I mean eHarmony and all those dating sites are great because sometimes you aren't going to come across someone in every day life, and the internet is great for meeting cool people. I've met some neat people online. However, being serious and dating before meeting in real life? Weird. Weird. Weird. I mean you can like someone you've met online before you've met, but actually dating? Wait until you've at least hugged, my goodness.

I mean don't get me wrong, I think meeting people online has become a lot safer, and more socially acceptable, but dating someone and making it FBO before you've hugged or anything physical? Weird. I mean I've met people online, but I definitely didn't start dating someone officially until we've met and known each other for awhile. I just don't understand.

If you have any thoughts on this, please enlighten me. Please.

see you soon.

-kass

1 comment:

  1. I mostly agree with you -- I would think it's a little weird to date someone you've never seen in real life. But you can still really know a lot about them through Skype, as you said -- you know what they look like, some of their mannerisms. You don't get the experience of going out to a movie or out to dinner (which is a always a great idea by the way -- how he treats the waitress is how he'll treat you in 10 years), but I can see why people would do it. As for the never hugging thing -- some people just aren't as physical people. Ever heard of the 5 love languages? Some people are touch people; judging by what you said here, I'd guess you are (I am too). But some people really don't need physical touch in a relationship.

    ReplyDelete