Saturday, February 27, 2010

words speak, music expresses.

Writing and music are my outlets. I rely on both to express my emotions.

Writing and I just get along so well. I feel like life is so vivid I just want to write down everything I see, hear, and smell. I just want to be able to remember all the important times in my life. Writing allows me to do this. When I'm 100 and old and dying I can go back and read about my life, it sounds weird but it's something I'm glad I'm doing. I mean with Alzheimer's and other diseases of the brain around, I just want to be able to remember things. That's why I love to write down things. The world around us is beautiful and without pictures and words, we'd have nothing to remember it by. It snowed on Tuesday, and it was amazingly beautiful. I took pictures, because I want to remember the day it snowed a lot in College Station. It was beautiful, snowing and then you had days like today, where it was absolutely beautiful with the sun shining. Today was one of those music up loud, driving around town with your windows down kind of days. It was spectacular.

Music is amazing. It expresses stuff so beautifully. It's fantastic. I love hearing a song and I can relate completely. Or another song that touches your heart. "Temporary Home" and "Why" are songs about life and I think everyone can relate to them. Where words fail, music lives.

Today ended one of those kind of weeks I had. A girl who goes to school with my sister's dad passed away Friday morning. His older daughter was a year above me, and I knew her. Mr. Helduser was such a nice man, and his family was great. He was 52 and had stage 4 colon cancer, but was supposed to live longer. It was sad. Keep the Helduser's in your prayers.

I got all my money and more for Beach Reach 2010! God is so faithful!

Life is looking up. Just gotta start studying hardcore because before you know it, finals will be here.

see you soon.

-kass

12 days until Spring Break 2010. Best week of my college career is ahead, can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment