Sunday, February 21, 2010

Legacy.

A girl I know's grandmother recently passed and before she was asking for prayers and telling us what happened. Her grandmother got Alzheimer's and she was in the worst stage before her death (obviously). Megan was telling us that her grandmother was acting like a child again, and it was almost as if her life was flashing before her eyes. Lately, it's really got me thinking.

What if my life were to flash before my eyes? What would it look like? Would I remember the terrible things or would I reminisce in the best things that ever happened to me? I just pray that when my life flashes before my life the Lord will say well done good and faithful servant. I just want that so bad, sometimes I want to be in Heaven so bad, then other days I realize that my work here on Earth isn't done. But man, I'm ready to see my Heavenly Father!

I want to leave a legacy on this Earth. I want to change the world, I know that sounds way naive but I really do, I don't really know how but I do. Deep down I want everyone to be happy, if I'm not happy but they are, great.

There's an old song called Legacy by Nicole Nordeman and it speaks right to me. It's my cry for my life, maybe it'll be yours too! In the song she says "I want to hang my hat on more besides the temporary trappings of this world." I feel like lately I've been so focused on material things, getting this outfit, getting this and that. I forget that none of this matters. NONE of it. I'm in tears right now because the Lord is showing me that the Earthly things don't matter, at all. Why do care so much about materialistic things Kass? Why? I'm the only thing you need, that's what the Lord is telling me right now. Our society has made this acceptable to have the nicest car, clothes, and lots of money. But none of that truly matters. In the bible there's a parable of the rich young ruler, and I ask myself every day if I would truly do that. And at this moment, I can't say I would, which is something I'm working on. It's just so hard, I just hate falling into the trappings of this world.

The Lord is so faithful. I fail him so much yet he still loves me and wants me. So great. :) I love what the Lord is teaching me.

I wanna leave a legacy... :)

Legacy by Nicole Nordeman

I don't mind if you've got something nice to say about me
And I enjoy an accolade like the rest
You could take my picture and hang it in a gallery
Of all who's who and so-n-so's that used to be the best
At such'n'such ... it wouldn't matter much

I won't lie, it feels alright to see your name in lights
We all need an 'Atta boy' or 'Atta girl'
But in the end I'd like to hang my hat on more besides
The temporary trappings of this world

I want to leave a legacy
How will they remember me?
Did I choose to love? Did I point to You enough
To make a mark on things?
I want to leave an offering
A child of mercy and grace who
blessed your name unapologetically
And leave that kind of legacy

I don't have to look too far or too long awhile
To make a lengthly list of all that I enjoy
It's an accumulating trinket and a treasure pile
Where moth and rust, thieves and such will soon enough destroy

Not well traveled, not well read, not well-to-do or well bred
Just want to hear instead, "Well Done" good and faithful one...


How will they remember me?



No comments:

Post a Comment