Wednesday, November 18, 2009

We Remember

As I start to gather my thoughts about the last 24 hours I am overwhelmed with emotion. I don't know where to start but however I will try.

I was in 4th grade attending Pebble Creek Elementary. I woke up on the morning of November 18 like any other normal 9 year old would. Thanksgiving was around the corner meaning bonfire was around the corner. I was excited to go with my dad to watch it burn. Why? December 1, 1989 was a night bonfire burned and also was the night I was born. My mother could see Bonfire burning from her hospital room. Thus, bonfire and I had a secret pack. We were tight. :) Anyways, I wake up and go to school and notice the flags are at half-staff. I ask my mom why is this. She was like I don't know, and we turned on the radio and that's where we heard it. I remember the chaos of our town. Our town was distraught and College Station completely stopped that day.

I don't think it was any sort of craziness that 12 Aggies died. I think that was God showing us he was watching over us.

Last night at the ceremony at Reed I was moved. I think we should've had more people there, but the ceremony it's self was fantastic. Then I came home and napped then went the candlelight vigil. It was nice too. A lot of people were there.

The Aggie Spirit is stronger than ever I feel like and I hope it stays that way.


We Remember Them. 11.18.1999 2:42AM.
"There's a spirit can ne'er be told.."

No comments:

Post a Comment