Monday, September 21, 2009

The greatness of our God!

God is so faithful and so amazing.

As some of you know, I applied to be a small group leader, which means I would meet with pledges after their pledge meeting and just hang out, pour into them, and encourage them. Basically shower them with the love of Christ. :) I got small group leader, and I can't tell you how excited I was to read the email letting me know I was a small group leader. Encouragement, I feel, is my spiritual gift, and I can put it to good use. I was so excited.
So yesterday we had our small group leaders meeting at the coordinators house, and hung out and received our pledge survey packet of the girls who would be in our group. I got super excited because I had 6 diverse girls, and that to me is just amazing. So the afternoon rolls by...I leave my phone somewhere in the house, and go to pick it up and I had a missed call and voicemail from Megan, our small groups coordinator. I was kind of nervous because I had no idea what she was going to say. As she started talking on the voicemail she was telling me how she forgot a girl, and therefore this girl had no girls...my heart sank because my first thought was "Oh no, she's taking this away from me, I'm not going to be a leader." But that wasn't the case. I could hear her stress level in her voicemail because she just felt so bad for leaving out this other girl. She began to tell me that the girl she left out was going to be a leader with me so we would share the duties of small group leader. I wasn't too excited, because I was looking forward to doing this alone, etc. Well then she tells me who my partner will be, Catie Colvin. Let's back up a little bit. Catie and I, remet, during rush week and we're just alike. I love her to death. We've been developing a great friendship and she's just a great girl. So through all this God was in it. It was on purpose Megan had forgotten Catie because God wanted us to build a stronger friendship by loving on other girls. I could've been really upset, but I looked at the situation and realized God's hand is so mighty and his ways are so perfect. I called Megan back last night and told her this and she sounded relieved because Phi Lamb is so large we don't all personally know each other, and for me and Catie to know each other and have a friendship I think Megan was relieved. God worked this all out in the end. I'm so excited about this semester and what God is going to do in me and Catie's friendship and what he's going to do with us for the 6 girls in our group.

This story just attests to how great the God we serve is. I'm learning to trust in Him and lean on Him, not myself. It's hard sometimes, but then he gives me situations like this one and I'm reminded again of his Sovereignty.

"The Lord is faithful to all his promises, and loving toward all he has made. The Lord upholds all those who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down."-Psalm 145:13-14

I am Second and God is definitely first. -Bailee Madison, in her I am Second video. (She's 9 btw)

I serve an amazing, faithful, and loving God!

love you,

Kassie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment