Saturday, June 4, 2011

Love, or maybe not

you know the beautiful thing about love? It’s so powerful. Nothing else can make people do the things that love can make them do. It’s the only emotion that can make people fight, and give their all to something or someone. It’s the only thing that can make people hold on, when they otherwise would have given up. Love is strong, it’s powerful and it’s rare. So when people find it, they marvel at the power of it. And they keep holding on because it’s the truest form of ecstasy. The world cannot survive without love. It’s the only thing that can get people to hold on anymore.

But lately I've been thinking, do we overuse love? I love this movie! I love this place! I love this drink! Do you really love it? Or do you just really like it? I'm guilty of just throwing around the word love too. But we shouldn't. Love is powerful, special, and meaningful. God showed us love by sending His son, that's LOVE.

The world can't progress without love, but I do believe the word love is overused, maybe it sounds crazy. But maybe not.

What do you really love? I love the Lord, my family, and I love my friends. But I don't just love anything, even though I claim I do. I just overuse the word... Maybe we should stop overusing it, and give it some meaning again. People don't take the word love serious anymore.. It's slightly depressing.

Just some rambling thoughts of a 20 somethin year old at 4:45 in the morning..


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment