Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Fearless, nbd

I live vicariously through quotes. Ever since I was in middle school I loved reading people's Xangas, and my confession of the day is I still do read them. Usually they are composed by 13 year old girls with love quotes that would probably make many of you vomit with how "lame" they are. But all in all, I love them. I love how I can just relate to some of them, laugh at some, and somehow when I sit down to read them one pops out at me that describes my exact thought and feeling at that present time. Maybe it makes me weird. Maybe it makes me childish, but whatever it makes me, it makes me smile.

I recently came across this Tumblr that I absolutely adore, and I kind of did something similar on my blog awhile back about the little things that make you happy. This tumblr is here. I guarantee you'll smile after reading some of those.

I read Taylor Swift lyrics because the summarize my life. But on her Fearless album cover she had this to say, and I absolutely loveee it.

To me, fearless is not the absence of fear.
It's not being completely unafraid.
To me, fearless is having fears.
Fearless is having doubts. Lots of them.
To me, fearless is living in spite of those things that scare you to death.
Fearless is falling madly in love again, even though you've been hurt before.
Fearless if walking into your freshman year of highschool at fifteen.
Fearless is getting up and fighting for what you want over and over again...
even though every time you've tried before, you've lost.
It's fearless to have faith that someday things will change.
Fearless is having the courage to say goodbye to someone who only hurts you, even though you can't breathe without them.
I think it's fearless to fall for your best friend
even though he's in love with someone else.
And when someone apologizes to you enough times
for things they'll never stop doing, I think it's fearless to stop believing them.
It's fearless to say "you're NOT sorry," and walk away.
I think loving someone despite what people think is fearless.
I think allowing yourself to cry on the bathroom floor is fearless.
Letting go is fearless. Then, moving on and being alright... that's fearless too.
But no matter what love throws at you, you have to believe in it.
You have to believe in love stories and prince charmings and happily ever after.
That's why I write these songs. Because I think love is fearless.


I'm fearless about life, I believe in the things that most people find lame and stupid. I'm a hopeless romantic, and a cynical romantic all at the same time. It's possible, believe me.

I'm a little weird, but so are you.

Have a good Tuesday :)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment