Monday, December 14, 2009

Well

Catie went home today. She is studying abroad in the Spring and Summer. It was hard. God brought us together this semester in so many amazing ways and because of her I feel like I've grown this semester with the Lord. Especially lately. She challenged me to do something I needed to do, and I did it. It's been the hardest thing ever, but I know it'll end up being the greatest thing in my walk with the Lord.

Catie has opened my eyes to so much about myself and others. She's been so sensitive to me in stuff, and listens and always is positive and tells me what I need to hear even if I don't want to. She kept me accountable, and even when I slipped she always embraced me and took me in and talked things out with me.

We got into fights, and had tears shed. But I feel that all of this made our friendship so real and rich. I feel like I finally know what a healthy friendship is thanks to Catie Colvin. I think this opened my eyes to how fake and not real most friendships are. I guess it taught me what to strive for in picking friends. She's such a great person.

I hopefully will go see her over the break!! :) :) God did such amazing things this semester. I'm going to recap.

Phi Lamb Rush: I was sick for some of it, but it seemed great.

Phi Lamb: I met Catie this semester, had a small group of our own, and had a good covenant group. I was blessed. I'm excited to see where God takes me for Phi Lamb in the future. I went to Date Party with JWo and had a great time! :)

Friends: Ups and downs, but I learned a lot about friendship and how special and precious they are. I gained an amazing friend, and am taking a break from another amazing person, but I trust the Lord in what he's doing.

My walk with Christ: It's getting better. I find myself more aware of how sinful we are as humans. I find myself more aware of how necessary it is to walk with Christ everyday. I think I'm realizing that I need no one on this earth, all I need is Christ. He's opened my eyes to that a lot in the last month. I need to be completely satisfied in Him before I'll be satisfied in any other relationship. I think Catie helped me in this area, and called me out on things. :)

AFTERdark: Was remarkable, and I was so glad to be apart of it. I blogged about it earlier this year. You can click on "AFTERdark" to read my post about how amazing that was.

School: It was difficult but I'm trudging along, not at the pace I'd like to be at, but I'm praying God will give me strength for that.

Family: I think our relationship is getting a lot better, and I attribute that a lot to the christian counseling I've been going to, which I absolutely LOVE. I love it so much!! :) It's been amazing!

Random: I saw Brad this semester, and I don't know how I feel about him right now, but it's something I'm giving to the Lord. I turned 20 this month, and it's been rough so far, but I know the Lord is going to shine in the next year in my life. I'm so excited about what He has in store for friendships, my walk with Him, and my family.

Well that is Fall 2009 summed up briefly...

I pray you have a wonderful break.

Love you guys!

Kass

No comments:

Post a Comment