Monday, January 11, 2010

Temporary Home <3

Little boy, six years old
A little too used to being alone
Another new mom and dad, another school
Another house that'll never be home
When people ask him how he likes this place
He looks up and says with a smile upon his face

This is my temporary home
It's not where I belong
Windows and rooms that I'm passing through
This is just a stop on the way to where I'm going
I'm not afraid because I know
This is my temporary home


A young mom on her own
She needs a little help, got no where to go
She's looking for a job, looking for a way out
'Cause a half-way house will never be a home
At night she whispers to her baby girl
Someday we'll find our place here in this world

This is our temporary home
It's not where we belong
Windows and rooms that we're passing through
This is just a stop on the way to where we're going
I'm not afraid because I know
This is our temporary home


Old man, hospital bed
The room is filled with people he loves
And he whispers, "don't cry for me,
I'll see you all someday"
He looks up and says,
"I can see God's face"

This is my temporary home
It's not where I belong
Windows and rooms that I'm passing through
This was just a stop on the way to where I'm going
I'm not afraid because I know
This was my temporary home

This is our temporary home

I bought Carrie Underwood's new CD "Play On" within the first 3 days it came out. I began skimming the tracks like anyone does, just to get a glimpse into it. Number one was Cowboy Casanova, which we all knew. So I skipped to the next track, "Quitter," it was catchy but I didn't listen to it all. Number three was "Mama's Song." This song reminded me of Caitlin to a tee. Good song. Number 4, "Change." It was a social justice song, but it really made me think. I didn't listen to it all kept going, it was kind of mellow. Meh. Number 5 "Undo It" this is my second most favorite song on her album because it's super catchy, and really good. Still didn't listen to it all. Number 6 I didn't listen to very long because I didn't like it very much then, now I like it. It's really good. Then I came to number 7, "Songs like this" and this song was so true. Go listen/read the lyrics you'll agree.

Then Number 8. "Temporary Home." I started playing it and I started listening to the words and began to cry. This song was so powerful, and so touching. It was truly the most remarkable song on the CD. The words are so rich and clear and I felt like I was there in each one of the verses with those people. I felt as if I were there. It was so real to me. I visualized it so well. The song was full of emotion and Carrie's voice fit each stanza perfectly. I've never listened to a song more beautiful. I started really listening to the lyrics and it's almost a praise song because Praise God that this is only our temporary home. Praise God that we are just passing through this earth. And Praise God that through him we can overcome any of those trials. This song is my favorite song right now, and hands down has the most influential meaning in a song. It was written with heart, and sung with heart. Read the lyrics, they are rich and full of vivid images.
The first verse the little boy is in foster care and just can't fit in, and he knows that something good will come of all this and knows it's his temporary home.
The second verse is about a mother and daughter in a halfway house and how the mom tells the baby girl to not worry because this is only our temporary home and there is so much out there.
The last verse is about a older man who's dying and it just reminds us how precious life is and how we shouldn't worry because if we've lived our life good we will see God's face.
The song is just beautiful.

I'm so glad that this Earth is only our temporary home. I'm so glad. I'm not afraid of what's to come because I know where I am now is temporary. I have a Heavenly Father who's waiting to welcome me to my permanent home. I'm so excited.
This song is kind of sad, but if you look at it it's so exciting that this is temporary. The pain we feel is temporary because when we get to be with our Heavenly Father...we won't be in pain any more! :)

Love this song. You can listen here:

No comments:

Post a Comment