Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Generation differences

I really want a tattoo because I feel like it'll have a story and from just looking at it no one will know but I will. It's a form of art. When I told my parents I wanted one, they flipped a shit. Threatened to cut me off and all this. This is just one more point as to how different our generations are. I mean when I got my nose and cartilage and second piercing they hated that but soon got over them.
I don't understand the big deal, if I was getting a picture of like something random I could understand, but this will have meaning, and such. I've had it drawn out for 2 years, and I just really want it. They flipped out. I mean at least I had the courtesy to ask/tell and just go do it and be like oh by the way I got a tattoo. That's what most of my friends did. My parents think I'm doing it out of spite, and to piss them off, and if that were the case I would've already done it, but I've been thinking long and hard about this.
I just don't think a tattoo will change who I am, just like I'm still Kassie even though I got my nose pierced.

I just don't get my parents brain. Maybe you guys can help me?

Have you and your parents been in an argument like this before? What should I do?

see you soon.
-kass

No comments:

Post a Comment