Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Rescue Her.

I stumbled upon a picture of someone wearing a shirt that simply said, "Rescue Her." I looked up the organization that it was from, and it's about human trafficking. Every 30 seconds a child is trafficked. I can't comprehend that. My problems fail to compare with that.

Passion 2012 was almost 7 months ago. Where we raised over 3 million dollars to combat this major world issue. I have seen it be brought to people's attention. I was at a rest stop in Florida and saw a poster about human trafficking. People need to know that this really is an issue. The link to see where our money went is here. You can see the organizations we partnered with and learn about them, get involved. Teach someone else about this issue, even if you can't go overseas. Give a dollar, it makes a difference. I saw 40k young people band together to give 3 million in 3 days... God is big.

I can't imagine having my little sister trafficked into slavery or domestic work. I can't fathom it. I would probably want to die. But it happens every day, all day, every 30 seconds.

I know that my generation can change this. We can rescue people from this dark world and show them the love of Jesus. They need to know they weren't created for that life but for a life so much better than that.

They are worth diamonds, and rubies to the Lord, and that is powerful.

I was reminded how stupid my problems are compared to what is really going on in our world today. Slavery and the shootings in Colorado put your life in perspective. My biggest obstacle today is what I'm having for lunch. We, as Americans, need to snap out of this mindset that we have issues, because we don't. We are called by God to help the poor and needy and we need to do that.

God just kinda hit me in the face with this but I needed to hear it.

I hope you are blessed today,
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment