Friday, May 18, 2012

Rest Reminder

God is so amazing, and I feel like sometimes I just forget that, but he reminds me.

This morning, as usual, I got to work and opened YouTube and for some reason Kari Jobe's "Find You on my Knees" came into my head so I started listening to it on YouTube and I stumbled across some of her other songs. I just started weeping at my desk because the lyrics were so refreshing and encouraging. One of the song's I completely fell in love with, "Here." The chorus is this:
You'll find His peace and know you're not alone anymore, He is near. You'll find His healing, You're heart isn't shattered anymore, He is here. Breathe in, breathe out, You will, You will find Him here. I will rest in you..
It's so refreshing and encouraging to be reminded that we need to just rest in Him. I've been so busy, and I'm just mentally and emotionally exhausted but I heard that song and I just had a peace come over me. God just reminded me "IT'S OKAY!" How awesome is that?

Her voice is so calming and peaceful. I came across another song "Steady My Heart."
But You're here, You're real. I know I can trust You, even when it hurts, even when it's hard, even when it all just falls apart. I will run to You, 'cause I know that You are lover of my soul
Healer of my scars, You steady my heart, I'm not gonna worry. I know that You got me, right inside the palm of your hand, each and every moment. What's good and what gets broken happens just the way that You plan.
That last line... ouch. His plan is perfect, we need to remember that. We have bad and good times but they are part of his plan!!

This morning I was just reminded to rest, something so simple, but yet I feel like I never do.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28


I'm so glad it's Friday, I get to go to Houston and REST and enjoy a party for two important people in my life. Funny how God reminds us of simple things we never do!

Be blessed,
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment