Wednesday, February 15, 2012

You just know...

God has intricately planned my life, and I don't know what it entails entirely but I do know I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be.

Ever just wake-up and realize that it's okay to go against the life plans you've had for years? The industry you thought you'd be in forever, just isn't where you want to be anymore. But, to be honest you had absolutely no idea what job you were going to end up with? I was no longer working in a hotel setting, but I had no job prospects and no idea what I was going to do. It was stressful to say the least. I was applying for jobs everywhere online, forgetting half the time to where I was applying. It'd been about a week and a half and I didn't think I was getting anywhere. Last Wednesday I got a call to come in for an interview at an apartment complex for a full-time leasing agent. I thought this would be absolutely perfect for me, because I've worked in real-estate a little before, while it's different than real-estate it's similar. Well I got offered the job two days later. Can you say, JESUS?! The job pays well and I can get benefits, it's truly a blessing.

So I started yesterday, and I had no idea what to expect. I didn't do a lot because everyone is getting ready for a housing fair at A&M today. I just feel that I'm supposed to be here. I'm supposed to show up to work every day filled with joy. I'm supposed to love my coworkers more than I ever have before. I'm supposed to love all the residents here, and just be full of joy. I just know I'm supposed to be here. I just all of the sudden have this absolutely new attitude on life. I'm so thankful that before we were born God knew where I was going to go in life. He knew I was going to be sitting at this desk just overwhelmed with His presence and love for me and my coworkers. I just know that this is where I'm destined to be at this exact moment, and I'm absolutely okay with it.

I think we, as humans, fail to realize we can't control our future as much as we think we can. God has our lives planned and knows what we will be doing. We need to follow and listen to Him, and TRUST Him.

I went to Passion 2012 in January, and I have been listening to the music and talking to people from it, and I just have realized how my problems fail in comparison to most. 27 million people are in modern day slavery. My problem of not having money fails in comparison to the girls who die because of modern day slavery. God will win this war, and we will help. It's amazing how much human trafficking has been in the news since Passion. It's really awesome how many people have come together to support this cause.

I'm just completely overwhelmed by God's grace and plans for my life.

I absolutely love Ephesians 6:19, Shelley Giglio tweeted it after Passion and I love it.
"Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel."

I just know God's plan for my life is coming together, and I'm absolutely excited about the future. SO excited. <3

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment